Back in January 2018, Instagram added “last seen” functionality to its platform. This feature, called Activity Status, enables all your followers (and anyone who messages you) to know when you were last active. You are also free to see when other people were last using this feature. It has been implemented on the direct messaging section of the app, where you interact with your followers. This privacy-voiding feature is similar to what we’ve already seen on WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, just under a new name. In a recent Instagram update, the company took it a step further and added a dedicated section at the top, which lists all your active Instagram followers. That said, there is no need to panic as you can easily disable the feature so that no one or yourself would know when someone was last active on Instagram. So, here are the steps you need to follow to disable activity status on Instagram.
Disable Activity Status on Instagram (222)
1. First, to introduce you to the Activity Status attribute, The “Last Active” tab and tag under people’s usernames is as follows You recently messaged, it will look like this:
2. To disable Activity Status on Instagram, open your Instagram profile, tap the hamburger menu (the horizontal three lines icon) at the top-right corner, and Select “Settings”,
3. When the Settings page appears, go to the “Privacy” section and tap “Activity Status” to change the activity status of your Instagram account.
4. Now, Disable “Show Activity Status” And you are all set. Other Instagram users will no longer be able to see your online status. Keep in mind that you won’t even be able to see the last seen status of people you text when you disable Activity Status.
5. As you can see in the image below, The “Online Now” bar at the top has disappeared After disabling the activity state. you get “active <मिनट/घंटे> before” tag won’t even show up.
remove online status section of instagram dm
Disabling the “Activity Status” feature on Instagram will allow you to keep your business to yourself. This will help restore your privacy, keeping all those nosy friends and relatives away. While the newly introduced Instagram polls and quick post sharing are useful, we felt it was unnecessary to add a section to highlight your online status. What are your thoughts on this update? Do you think it will come in handy, or is it better to disable it? Tell us your opinion in the comments below.