The touchpad is an integral part of any laptop, and over the years, it has evolved from a mere mouse replacement to a handy device that helps quickly perform tasks and navigate around the OS. If you have a Windows 11 laptop that supports gestures, you can customize them to do exactly what you want. In this article, we will walk you through the steps required to customize touchpad gestures on your Windows 11.
Customize Touchpad Gestures in Windows 11 (2022)
Change Default Windows 11 Touchpad Gestures
1. Windows 11 keyboard shortcut “Win + I” and . Open the Settings app using Click “Touchpad” from the “Bluetooth & devices” section to view touchpad-related settings.
2. Under the “Gestures and Interactions” heading, you’ll see options for tweaking three-finger and four-finger touchpad gestures. Expand them to change swipe and tap on actions.
3. You can now change the way the Swipe functionality works. You can switch apps and show desktop, switch desktop and show desktop, or change audio and volume.
4. Similarly, you can define a three-finger tap action to search, open Notification Center, control media playback, or use it as the middle mouse button.
5. To customize gestures individually, scroll down and Select “Advanced Gestures”,
6. You can now configure three- and four-finger gestures for tap and individual swipe actions. Pick the ones you use the most, and you’re all set.
Change Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 11
1. To change the sensitivity of the touchpad, head to Settings -> Bluetooth & Devices -> Touchpad And Expand “null” section. Here, Click the dropdown list next to “Touchpad sensitivity”.,
2. You can now choose the sensitivity of the touchpad based on the current touch response. Available options include most sensitive, high sensitivity, medium sensitivity, and low sensitivity. While you’re at it, you can also choose to change the scroll and zoom settings to tweak the scrolling direction and pinch-to-zoom settings.
Reset Touchpad Gestures in Windows 11
1. If you’ve customized a lot of things and got confused, you can always reset the gestures for a fresh start. To get started, go to Settings -> Bluetooth & Devices -> Touchpad And expand Touchpad Options.
2. Click on the “Reset” button Next to “Reset touchpad settings and gestures to defaults”, and that’s it. Windows 11 will now reset all changes you made to touchpad gestures, and you’ll have the default settings again.
Change Windows 11 Touchpad Gestures
So, this is how you can customize touchpad gestures on Windows 11. Using the flexibility of advanced gestures, you can play around and set up handy shortcuts to increase your productivity. And of course, if you mess up you can always reset the touchpad settings to revert to the default gestures. In the meantime, if you want to customize the Windows 11 Start Menu, head over to our linked guide. We also have tutorials that will help you change the default download location and Screenshots folder location.