Contrary to popular opinion, you can actually connect AirPods to Windows 11 and use it without any limitations, just like other AirPods alternatives. In fact, Microsoft is going out of its way to bring wideband speech support to AirPods on Windows 11. Simply, some AirPods features and controls are not natively available on Windows 11, however, they can be used for watching video calls, etc. Play movies, music, and games without any latency. So without any further wait, let’s go ahead and learn how to pair AirPods with Windows 11.
Connect AirPods to Windows 11 (2022)
1. First, press the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut “Windows + A“To open Action Center or Quick Settings, as they are calling it now. Here, on Windows 11 just turn on Bluetooth by clicking on it. Now, right-click on it and open “Go to Settings”.
2. Here, click on “Add deviceTo connect AirPods to Windows 11.
3. Next, click on “Bluetooth,
4. Now, open the lid of your Apple AirPods and press and hold the button on the case. the light will turn white And it will start blinking. Now you can release the button. This means that your AirPods are now discoverable for Windows 11. Note that, both AirPods must be inside the case during the pairing process.
5. Go back to your Windows 11 PC and click on your AirPods will appear, Click on it and that’s it. Immediately, your AirPods will connect to Windows 11. If it’s not visible at the top, scroll down.
6. Now you can start the music, join a video call, or play a game and the audio will be routed to your AirPods. Now that Windows 11 supports Apple’s wideband speech (build 22526 or later, Dev Channel), you’ll get better voice quality on Windows 11 with AirPods.
7. If audio is not going through AirPods, open Action Center again and click on arrow icon next to the volume slider.
8. Here, Choose your AirPods And the audio will be routed immediately.
9. If you find the new Bluetooth menu in Windows 11’s Quick Settings, you can Manage Your AirPods Right from the Action Center. No need to open Settings page on Windows 11.
Connect AirPods to Windows 11 and Enjoy Music and Games
So this is how you can connect Apple’s AirPods to Windows 11 and experience latency-free gaming and music. While some AirPods controls aren’t available on Windows 11, you can still enable ANC by pressing and holding the stem. This will toggle ANC on or off. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you want to view Apple ProRAW or ProRes media files on your Windows 11 PC, follow our linked guide. And to open HEIF, HEIC, or HEVC files on Windows 11, we have a handy tutorial for you. Lastly, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments section below.