It’s always a good idea to check the activation status of your Windows 11 computer after a fresh installation, especially if it has an OEM license attached to your laptop. This way, you can be sure that you have access to all the Windows 11 features. So whether you’ve done a clean install of Windows 11 or updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, here’s how to check if your Windows 11 copy is active or not.
Check Activation Status of Windows 11 (2022)
Windows 11 Activation Status Message With Meaning
|Windows is activated||Your account is active, but your Microsoft account is not linked|
|Windows activated with a digital license||Your account is active, but your Microsoft account is not linked to your digital license|
|Windows activated with the digital license associated with your Microsoft account||Your account is active and linked to your Microsoft account|
|Windows is not activated||Your account is not activated, and you must purchase Windows 11|
Check Windows 11 Activation Status Using Settings
1. Open the Settings app using the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut ‘Win + I’ and Click “Activation” under System Settings,
2. You will now see an activation page highlighting the version of Windows 11 running on your PC. Now, Check if “Activation Status” says “Active” with a green checkmark, If so, then you have an activated version of Windows 11 installed on your PC. When you haven’t activated your Windows 11 PC you will see the text “Not activated” with a warning icon.
3. Click “Activation Status” to expand the section and view more details on your device’s activation status. You can check the table below to know the meaning of the status message.
Check Windows 11 Activation Status from Command Prompt
1. Another way to check your activation status is through Command Prompt. Press the Windows key, type “cmd”, and click “Open” to open a new Command Prompt window.
2. Now, paste the following command at the command prompt and press the Enter key:
3. Windows 11 will now show you a prompt indicating the activation status. if you see “Windows is in notification mode” The message instead of “This machine is permanently activated” means that your Windows 11 computer is not activated.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How to check if Windows 11 is activated or not?
You can check whether you have an activated copy of Windows 11 from the Settings app or Command Prompt.
Q: How can I activate Windows 11?
You can activate Windows 11 on your PC by purchasing a product key.
Q: How to find Windows 11 Activation Key?
You can check your Windows 11 product key with the command “wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey” at the command prompt. We have several ways to find your Windows 11 product key in the linked article.
Check If Your Windows 11 PC Is Activated
So this is how you can check whether your Windows 11 PC is activated or not. When buying a new PC, don’t forget to check if the device is running an active copy of Windows 11. In the meantime, if you have installed Windows 11 on an unsupported PC and are seeing a new watermark, follow our guide to remove “System Requirements”. Watermark not found in Windows 11.